Audacity Beta 1.3.13 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Last updated:||April 12, 2011|
|File size:||14181 Kb|
|Publisher:||Audacity Development Team|
Publisher description for Audacity Beta 1.3.13
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
Record live audio.
Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
# Numerous bug fixes
* Crashes on Windows when clicking in the track or in effects dialogs.
* Crashes on OS X when closing or quitting.
* Warning (on by default) now provided when importing uncompressed audio files and when read-directly uncompressed files are missing.
* Full support added for later versions of the optional FFmpeg library up to current FFmpeg HEAD. More compatible U-Law/A-Law exports.
* VST effects processing restored to full speed. Hang fixed when launching on OS X 10.5 PPC with VST effects present.
* (OS X) Files imported from iTunes could create invalid characters in the .aup project file. See here for help re-opening older projects that have this error.
* (Linux) Crashes or stalled recordings using the pulse device. Crashes using Play-at-Speed if Audacity was configured with libsamplerate.
# Changes and Improvements
* Control Toolbar renamed to Transport Toolbar. Input/output selection moved from Mixer Toolbar to improved Device Toolbar (on by default).
* New "Sync-Lock Tracks" feature (turned on in the Tracks menu).
* Equalization now supports importing and exporting curves. Noise Removal improvements including new option to isolate noise.
* Improved Automatic Crash Recovery with all project changes autosaved.
* New "Extended Import" Preferences for specifying audio file importers.
* (Windows and Linux) Close button now quits on closing the last window while File > Close clears to a new, empty project.