Audacity Beta 1.3.8 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Last updated:||July 18, 2009|
|File size:||7793 Kb|
|Publisher:||Audacity Development Team|
Publisher description for Audacity Beta 1.3.8
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
Record live audio.
Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
Effects and Analysis:
* VST Effects now display GUI by default
* Faster Equalization and Noise Removal; improved Truncate Silence and Click Track
* Chains applied to files now clear temporary data after processing each file
* Updated Nyquist implementation with support for SAL syntax and improved memory management
* Plot Spectrum now analyzes up to 237.8 seconds of audio, with separate windows for each project and improved display; new preferences for Spectrograms
* Contrast Analysis tool now modeless for easier use
* Draft Manual/Quick Help included in Windows and Mac installers
* New "Mixer Board" view with per-track VU meters
* Mute, solo, gain, pan and track height saved in projects
* More compact Preferences window with easier-to-use Keyboard tab and new toolbars shortcuts
* New Screenshot Tools and improved screen reader support
* Record more than 16 channels (hardware/drivers permitting)
* Improved support for non-mmap ALSA devices such as PulseAudio
* 32-bit float data over 0 dB now handled without clipping
* "Stop" option when importing preserves already imported data
* AMR NB export now supported if the optional FFmpeg library is installed
* Faster waveform drawing and better response in multi-track projects
Bug fixes for:
* Export Multiple: failed if empty label encountered; files silenced if overwriting imported WAV files without copying them in
* Metadata Editor hidden if it was on a now unavailable second monitor
* Misaligned audio after "Split New" or Noise Removal effect
* Incorrect label movement and paste with linked audio and label tracks
* Equalization, Cut Preview and Advanced Mixing Options dialogue
* (Linux) Mixer Toolbar should now adjust levels and select input sources properly
* "Audio cache" preference caused crashes - data is now only cached in memory if available RAM is above a level defined in preferences
* Various other crashes