Feed Demon 188.8.131.52a Beta Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||October 19, 2006|
|File size:||3380 Kb|
Publisher description for Feed Demon 184.108.40.206a Beta
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
Get your news and information instantly.
Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
- Added: Pagination is now supported in FeedDemon's newspapers. The number of items to display per page may be changed on the "Reading" tab in options.
- Added: Ctrl+M shortcut for "Mark page read" and Shift+Ctrl+M shortcut for "Mark all pages as read"
- Added: When summaries (excerpts) are displayed in the Surfer or Blue Vista newspaper styles, a thumbnail is shown next to the post if it contains an image
- Added: "Search Subscriptions" dialog (Tools|Search Subscriptions, or Shift+Ctrl+F)
- Added: Subscription search results are now shown using a different style
- Added: Significant performance boost to searching subscriptions
- Added: Newspapers now highlight keywords in watches and subscription search results (this can be disabled from the Reading page in options)
- Added: "Blue Vista" style has been redesigned to enable quickly toggle between the summary and full content of a post
- Added: Ctrl+A now selects all items in FeedStation's queue
- Added: Enclosures are now shown with "Open" and "Download" links in newspapers
- Added: Smarter detection of clicked feed links
- Added: Options|Appearance now enables changing the newspaper font
- Added: "Sort in reverse" toolbutton (220.127.116.11)
- Added: "Next unread folder" added to View menu (18.104.22.168)
- Added: Confirmation before marking all pages read (22.214.171.124)
- Added: "Configure BlogThis Tools" added to Tools menu (126.96.36.199)
- Changed: Newspaper filter and style moved from newspapers to browser toolbar
- Changed: The icon at the top left in Surfer style now marks all pages in the newspaper as read (previously marked the entire feed or folder as read)
- Changed: The "Send To" menu now includes "Default Blog Publishing Tool" at the top level instead of buried in a submenu (74101)
- Changed: "Use larger font in newspaper" moved from Reading to Appearance tab in options
- Changed: "Browser position" moved from View menu to Browse menu
- Changed: The display of excerpts (summaries) in the newspaper is now smarter
- Changed: "Mark page read on change" now defaults to being disabled (188.8.131.52)
- Fixed: Searching from the "Subscriptions Home" page fails with Chinese characters
- Fixed: "Delete Post" missing from Surfer style
- Fixed: Cryptic error message when attempting to switch to an outdated newspaper style
- Fixed: "Invalid fdaction hyperlink" error when clicking cleanup wizard link
- Fixed: When excerpts are displayed, elements run together
- Fixed: Inadequate stripping of style elements from feed content
- Fixed: MRSS thumbnails not supported in Soapbox feeds
- Fixed: Incorrect sizing of MRSS thumbnails when thumbnail height/width not included in feed
- Fixed: Favicon retrieval shouldn't display login dialog when HTTP 401/407 encountered
- Fixed: "Control has no parent window" exception after resizing main window and clicking dropdown
- Fixed: Export dialog doesn't include root folder (74801)
- Fixed: Subscription search skips feeds excluded from watches
- Fixed: Search results disappear when changing view style (184.108.40.206)
- Fixed: Tray icon not reset after marking newspaper as read (220.127.116.11)
- Fixed: Clicking filter dropdown above news item list changes filter, even if none selected (75319) (18.104.22.168)
- Fixed: Keyword highlighting not applied for exact matches (75318) (22.214.171.124)
- Fixed: News item list doesn't sort RE: replies with their "parent" post when sorting by title (75317) (126.96.36.199)
- Fixed: Style and filter toolbuttons hidden if toolbar customized in previous version (75315) (188.8.131.52)
- Fixed: When a feed or folder has a specific style assigned to it, choosing a different style from the style selection has no impact (75313) (184.108.40.206)
- Fixed: No change in newspaper when an item is selected in the news item list and both "Open External Links in Default Browser" and "Go directly to an item's link" are enabled. (220.127.116.11)