Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Last updated:||July 7, 2010|
|File size:||9179 Kb|
Publisher description for Firefox 4.0 Beta 1
The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.
User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.
Performance. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
Security. Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
Customization. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.
* Tabs are now on top by default on Windows only - OSX and Linux will be changing when the theme has been modified to support the change.
* On Windows Vista and Windows 7 the menu bar has been replaced with the Firefox button.
* You can search for and switch to already open tabs in the Smart Location Bar
* New Addons Manager and extension management API (UI will be changed before final release)
* Significant API improvements are available for JS-ctypes, a foreign function interface for extensions.
* The stop and reload buttons have been merged into a single button on Windows, Mac and Linux.
* The Bookmarks Toolbar has been replaced with a Bookmarks Button by default (you can switch it back if you'd like).
* Crash protection for Windows, Linux, and Mac when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
* CSS Transitions are partially supported.
* Full WebGL support is included but disabled by default at this time.
* Core Animation rendering model for plugins on Mac OS X. Plugins which also support this rendering model can now draw faster and more efficiently.
* Native support for the HD HTML5 WebM video format.
* An experimental Direct2D rendering backend is available on Windows, turned off by default.
* Web developers can use Websockets for a low complexity, low latency, bidirectional communications API.
* Web developers can update the URL field without reloading the page using HTML History APIs.
* More responsive page rendering using lazy frame construction.
* Link history lookup is done asynchronously to provide better responsiveness during pageload.
* CSS :visited selectors have been changed to block websites from being able to check a user's browsing history.
* New HTML5 parser.
* Support for more HTML5 form controls.