Inno Setup 5.2.1 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||October 15, 2007|
|File size:||1376 Kb|
Publisher description for Inno Setup 5.2.1
Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs. First introduced in 1997, Inno Setup today rivals and even surpasses many commercial installers in feature set and stability.
Support for all versions of Windows in use today: Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000, Me, 98, 95, and NT 4.0. (No service packs are required.)
Extensive support for installation of 64-bit applications on the 64-bit editions of Windows. Both the x64 and Itanium architectures are supported. (On the Itanium architecture, Service Pack 1 or later is required on Windows Server 2003 to install in 64-bit mode.)
Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported.
Standard Windows 2000/XP-style wizard interface.
Customizable setup types, e.g. Full, Minimal, Custom.
Complete uninstall capabilities.
Installation of files:
Includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA file compression. The installer has the ability to compare file version info, replace in-use files, use shared file counting, register DLL/OCX's and type libraries, and install fonts.
Creation of shortcuts anywhere, including in the Start Menu and on the desktop.
Creation of registry and .INI entries.
Integrated Pascal scripting engine.
Support for multilingual installs.
Support for passworded and encrypted installs.
Silent install and uninstall.
Full source code is available (Borland Delphi 2.0-5.0).
* Added new [Setup] section directive: SignedUninstaller, which makes it possible to attach a digital signature to the uninstaller program (unins???.exe). When the uninstaller has a valid digital signature, Windows Vista users will not see an "unidentified program" warning when launching it from outside of Control Panel.
* Added new [Setup] section directive: SignedUninstallerDir.
* Check functions associated with [Tasks] entries are now called when the Select Tasks wizard page is entered. Previously, they were called prior to the wizard being shown, which meant they couldn't depend on the user's selections in preceding wizard pages. (There are plans to make the same change to [Components] in the future.)
* Brought back the pre-5.1.13 duplicate [Components]/[Tasks] entry semantics. For example, in the following case:
Name: foo; Description: "foo #1"; Components: bar
Name: foo; Description: "foo #2"; Components: not bar
Name: foo\child; Description: "foo\child"
"foo\child" will now, once again, be shown regardless of which "foo" is conditionally created.
* Pascal Scripting: "files:" function imports may now include multiple filenames. "files:A.dll,B.dll" will cause both A.dll and B.dll to be extracted before A.dll is loaded.
* On Windows Vista, Setup no longer alters the uninstaller program's manifest resource to request elevation, because this would invalidate a digital signature. Instead, the uninstaller now respawns itself when elevation is required, much like Setup does beginning with version 5.2.0.
* The uninstall program's version is now 188.8.131.52.
* Minor tweaks.