K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.25 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Last updated:||October 21, 2008|
|File size:||18682 Kb|
Publisher description for K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.25
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files.
With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
The customization abilities even go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats. You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
* Added Media Player Classic Home Cinema version 1.1.843. This version of MPC has some new functionality. Such as internal DXVA decoders for H.264 and VC-1 video, and support for the video renderer EVR. At this moment the regular version of MPC is still included and used by default. Once the Home Cinema version becomes more stable, it will become the default.
* Please read the FAQ if you want to use the DXVA functionality of MPC-HC. All requirements to make it work are explained in there.
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 22.214.171.124 rev. 82
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2202
* Removed libtheora and tremor plugins for ffdshow. Libavcodec is used instead.
* Updated RealMedia components to version 126.96.36.1996
* Updated LAME MP3 ACM codec to version 3.98.2
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.7.7
* When creating file associations for WMP/BS.Player/ZoomPlayer, the icon of the player is used as filetype icon. The MPC style icons are now only used when associating files to MPC.
* Minor changes