MySQL 5.5.14 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 9x / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7|
|Last updated:||July 6, 2011|
|File size:||28425 Kb|
Publisher description for MySQL 5.5.14
MySQL Community Edition is a freely downloadable version of the world's most popular open source database that is supported by an active community of open source developers and enthusiasts.
MySQL delivers enterprise features, including:
Partitioning to improve performance and management of very large database environments
Row-based/Hybrid Replication for improved replication security
Event Scheduler to create and schedule jobs that perform various database tasks
Dynamic General/Slow Query Log
Performance/Load Testing Utility (mysqlslap)
Improved! Full Text Search (faster, new dev templates)
Improved! Archive engine (better compression, more features)
Improved! User session and problem SQL identification
Improved! MySQL embedded library (libmysqld)
Additional INFORMATION_SCHEMA objects
Faster data import operations (parallel file load)
ACID Transactions to build reliable and secure business critical applications
Stored Procedures to improve developer productivity
Triggers to enforce complex business rules at the database level
Views to ensure sensitive information is not compromised
Information Schema to provide easy access to metadata
Pluggable Storage Engine Architecture for maximum flexibility
Archive Storage Engine for historical and audit data
# Functionality added or changed:
* CMake configuration support on Linux now provides a boolean ENABLE_GCOV option to control whether to include support for gcov.
* Client programs now display more information for SSL errors to aid in diagnosis and debugging of connection problems.
* In the audit plugin interface, the event_class member was removed from the mysql_event_general structure and the calling sequence for the notification function changed. Originally, the second argument was a pointer to the event structure. The function now receives this information as two arguments: an event class number and a pointer to the event. Corresponding to these changes, MYSQL_AUDIT_INTERFACE_VERSION was increased to 0x0300.
# Bugs fixed:
* Replication: A mistake in thread cleanup could cause a replication master to crash.
* Replication: When using row-based replication and attribute promotion or demotion (see Section 22.214.171.124.2, Replication of Columns Having Different Data Types), memory allocated internally for conversion of BLOB columns was not freed afterwards.
* Adding support for Windows authentication to libmysql introduced a link dependency on the system Secur32 library. The Microsoft Visual C++ link information was modified to pull in this library automatically.
* In some cases, memory allocated for Query_tables_list::sroutines() was not freed properly.
* After the fix for Bug#11889186, MAKEDATE() arguments with a year part greater than 9999 raised an assertion.
* An assertion could be raised due to a missing NULL value check in Item_func_round::fix_length_and_dec().
* An assertion could be raised during two-phase commits if the binary log was used as the transaction coordinator log.
* A problem introduced in 5.5.11 caused very old (MySQL 4.0) clients to be unable to connect to the server.
* Using CREATE EVENT IF NOT EXISTS for an event that already existed and was enabled caused multiple instances of the event to run.
* An embedded client would abort rather than issue an error message if it issued a TEE command (\T file_name) and the directory containing the file did not exist. This occurred because the wrong error handler was called.
* On some platforms, the Incorrect value: xxx for column yyy at row zzz error produced by LOAD DATA INFILE could have an incorrect value of zzz.
* An attempt to install nonexistent files during installation was corrected.
* On FreeBSD 64-built builds of the embedded server, exceptions were not prevented from propagating into the embedded application.