Notepad++ 4.1 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||May 2, 2007|
|File size:||1636 Kb|
Publisher description for Notepad++ 4.1
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
User Defined Syntax Highlighting
Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
Dynamic position of Views
File Status Auto-detection
Zoom in and zoom out
Multi-Language environment supported
Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
Macro recording and playback
v4.1 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.0.2) :
1. Fix the crash issue while saving settings on quit.
2. Fix the crash issue while using the command line with one launched Notepad++ instance.
3. Enhance Find in files feature :
a. Improve Find in files user interface (more intuitive).
b. The search result (also for find in all opened files) is docked on the bottom of Notepad++.
c. Recursive search is optional.
d. Search result is collapsible by file.
e. User defined keywords for search result.
4. Add tabbing interface in Find dialog : Find/Replace/Find in files
5. Add clickable URL http link feature (double click to trigger).
6. Add cmake language support.
7. Add mark all without launching Find dialog (Ctrl+M).
8. Fix the ROFL (Recent Opened File List) bug : try to open a non-existing file from ROFL, the full file path doesn't be removed from ROFL.
9. Enhance the backup feature : in verbose mode, the file will be backed up in .\nppBackup directory.
10. Update Scintilla component to v1.73