Notepad++ 4.5 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||October 26, 2007|
|File size:||1745 Kb|
Publisher description for Notepad++ 4.5
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
User Defined Syntax Highlighting
Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
Dynamic position of Views
File Status Auto-detection
Zoom in and zoom out
Multi-Language environment supported
Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
Macro recording and playback
The "auto add extension" behaviour in save dialog implemented in v4.4 has a back-draw.
It does not allow users to save files with the extensions they want.
This behaviour is tuned up in this version as following :
1. The filter *.* don't change the extension at all, whatever users type.
2. The file save dialog will be launched with the filter *.* set as default. So user can add any customized extension.
3. Choose other filters will change extension of file automatically.
For example, a file name "toto.php" will be changed to "toto.txt" if the filter Normal Text "*.txt" is chosen.
It's a better compromise IMO for the ones who need the "auto add extension" feature and those who don't.
Another implemented feature is to associate a session extension to Notepad++, so that when Notepad++ opens such file, the session (a set of files) will be opened
but not session file itself.
Once users define their session file extension (in Preference dialog->MISC), a session can be opened not only via File load session command, but also via whichever way.
Notepad++ v4.5 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.4) :
1. Fix crash issue while the launch the session file which contains the same file in 2 views (clone mode).
2. Add the session file extension association feature.
3. Enhance the read/write config.xml to avoid crash.
4. Add new -ro and -noSession command line parameters.
5. Fix Russian display problem in the shortcut mapper.
6. Fix NPPN_SHUTDOWN notification bug.
7. Add NPPM_ACTIVATEDOCMENU message.
Included plugins :
1. TexFX v0.24a
2. Function list v1.2
3. ConvertExt v1.1
4. NppExec v0.2 beta 4
5. Spell checker v1.2
6. Quick text v0.02
7. Light Explorer v1.4
8. Hex editor v0.84