Opera 9.52 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||August 20, 2008|
|File size:||6875 Kb|
Publisher description for Opera 9.52
A full-featured Internet browser, Opera includes pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, integrated searches, and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking E-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. And because we know that our users have different needs, you can customize the look and content of your Opera browser with a few clicks of the mouse.
Speed Dial: Your favorite sites are just one click away at all times.
Search Shortcuts: Faster search - type your queries directly into the address bar.
Trash Can: Instantly reopen recently closed tabs.
Mouse Gestures: With Opera you can navigate the Web with your mouse.
Opera Link: Synchronize data of your choice online, or among different computers and devices.
Quick Find: Opera remembers not only the titles and addresses, but also the actual content of the Web pages you visit.
Feed Preview: Preview a Feed by clicking on the feed icon, and you will see it in clean and efficient multiple-column layout.
Quick and customizable Web search: Get quick access to Google, eBay, Amazon and more with the search field in the upper right corner.
Changes since Opera 9.51
* Added several improvements to the icons and skin
* Added a bookmark path to autocompleted bookmarks in the address bar to better distinguish them from visited pages
* Added a Help button to Engine Init() Failed error message on start-up to inform users about a problem
Mail, News, Chat
* Fixed an issue where Mark all as read in Opera Mail would also mark as read some mails not visible in the current view
* Fixed the creation of the POP AOL/aim.com account
* Fixed a problem with POP accounts where message bodies were not downloaded
* Added work-arounds for problems with various POP servers
* Fixed mail appearance when Opera is installed in a folder with a # character in its name
* Fixed a problem that could occur when opening mail notification popups on a secondary monitor
* Fixed a problem connecting to online.no
o Note: Users experiencing problems with online.no should change their incoming server to use Plaintext authentication
* Fixed a problem updating signature when switching accounts
* Fixed a problem where UI would not update after unsubscribing an IMAP folder
* Fixed an issue where IRC would disconnect users without informing them
Display and Scripting
* Fixed an issue with history navigation: an iframe with document.write is not added to history anymore
* window.close() now functions after invoking a context menu - now also works in widgets
* Fixed an issue with lists not displaying correctly when text is rendering in RTL
* Fixed a problem where content blocker adds a generalized block rule when using the Details button
* Fixed a startup crash that could allow execution of arbitrary code: see our advisory
* Sites can no longer change framed content on other sites: see our advisory
* Fixed an issue that could allow cross-site scripting, as reported by Chris Weber of Casaba Security: details will be disclosed at a later date
* Custom shortcuts no longer pass the wrong parameters to applications, as reported by Michael A. Puls II: see our advisory
* Prevented insecure pages from showing incorrect security information, as reported by Lars Kleinschmidt: see our advisory
* Feed links can no longer link to local files: see our advisory
* Feed subscription can no longer cause the wrong page address to be displayed: see our advisory
* Fixed a problem where Gmail would not load
* Fixed the opening of files in external applications when disk cache is off
* Fixed an issue with low quality on YouTube video previews
* Embedded YouTube videos should work more often now without having to reload
* Fixed RealPlayer on BBC
* Fixed a small memory leak in the BitTorrent code
* Fixed some translation errors
* Returned the Windows shell menu to the Transfer context menu
* Fixed the opening of PDF files in Acrobat Reader plug-in when the folder contains special characters
* Added a Close Tab entry to the File menu