PeaZip 3.0.0 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||February 21, 2010|
|File size:||6128 Kb|
Publisher description for PeaZip 3.0.0
PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
For archive creation, PeaZip suppors a wide range of compression and encryption standard, from fastes to most powerful ones, and allows to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console applications, and let the user pick the best of the two worlds.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
7Z's AES256 encryption
ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
* FILE MANAGER:
- Added support to .cbr, .cbz, .cbt, .cba, .cb7, 123 file extensions supported
* EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING:
- Default naming policy option for 7z backend is now "skip existing files" as for other backend executables
- Added "Ask before overwriting" mode in extraction options for 7z backend (all other options are still available: skip, auto rename extracted, auto rename existing, overwrite existing)
- Custom syntax combobox default changed to "parameters, output, input"
- Improved password form's text
- Validatecl procedure allows > and < characters, still disallowed in checkfilename and checkfiledirname
- Improved sizes detection in pealauncher
* WINDOWS INSTALLER:
- Separate icons for 7z, rar and zip file types
- Context menu item "Browse path with PeaZip" now enabled by default