Skype Beta 184.108.40.206 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Last updated:||May 3, 2006|
|File size:||10376 Kb|
Publisher description for Skype Beta 220.127.116.11
Skype is software for calling other people on their computers or phones. Download Skype and start calling for free all over the world.
The calls have excellent sound quality and are highly secure with end-to-end encryption. You don't even need to configure your firewall or router or any other networking gear.
Additionally it doesn't just work on Windows. Skype is also for Mac OS X, Linux and PDAs using Pocket PC, with a native look and feel for each platform. Talking, sending instant messages or even file transfers work between different platforms like a charm.
Skype calling - Skype has all the features of an ordinary phone so it's even easier to manage your calls.
Video calling - see who you are talking to at the same time as speaking to them.
Add Skype and SkypeOut contacts - Add contacts who use Skype and those who use ordinary phones so you can call more people.
Organising groups - group contacts under certain names and share them with your contacts so they can talk to them too.
Basic chat and emoticons - when it's not convenient to call, chat or Instant Message (IM) your contacts.
Group chat - for when it's easier to chat or Instant Message (IM) all your friends at once.
Profile settings - change how you appear to the world and let people know a bit about you.
Conference calling - talk to more than one friend at a time.
Import contacts - search your address book to find friends and family that already have a Skype name and start calling them for free.
View Outlook contacts - view and call your Microsoft Outlook contacts quickly and directly from your Skype contact list.
Quickfilter and Speed-Dial - find Skype contacts, recent chats and SkypeOut contacts quickly and easily, then enter their Skype name to call them back quickly.
* feature: Ability to Send SMS
* feature: Predictive Dialer
* feature: Shared Groups
* feature: View Outlook Contacts
* feature: Payments in Client
* feature: Improved Account Creation
* feature: Improved Upgrade
* feature: Call quality Feedback
* feature: Simplified Installation
* feature: Voice level indicators in conference call
* feature: File Transfer resumes after restart of Skype
* feature: API group types PROPOSED_SHARED_GROUP and SHARED_GROUP (protocol 6 only), commands ALTER GROUP xx SHARE
* feature: API commands GET CALL xx RATE and GET CALL xx RATE_CURRENCY
* feature: API commands SET UI_LANGUAGE
* feature: API command SEARCH MISSEDVOICEMAILS
* feature: API commands ALTER CHAT xx BOOKMARK and ALTER CHAT xx UNBOOKMARK, CHAT property BOOKMARKED
* feature: API command ALTER VOICEMAIL xx SETUNPLAYED
* change: Improved video quality
* change: Removed windows platform check for video
* change: Disable the Test Webcam button when Skype knows there is no webcam present
* change: Improve error message when sending files to Pocket PC users
* change: Replaced some ringtones
* change: Accessibility: contact mood text accessible via MSAA
* change: Accessibility: Implement MSAA support for search results
* change: Language file editor has simple search and ordering possibilities
* change: Profile window changed to non-modal
* change: Clarified 'contact details' in authorization requests
* change: Sound file too big error shown already on import
* change: Improved dialog wordings
* change: Current chat window position at beginning of unread messages when opening the window
* change: Only focused emoticon is animated in the emoticons roster
* change: API protocol 6
* change: API: conference calls that had been made or received with version 2.0 or older are not considered as conf calls any more
* change: API: After conference call is finished, CONF_PARTICIPANTS_COUNT shows number of all participants no matter when they had left
* change: ew language files Bulgarian (Nikolay Filipov & Nikolina Filipova , Czech (Petr Silon) , German (Claudius Henrichs & Dick Schiferli), Estonian (Eve Loopere), Hungarian (Mark Bender & Laszlo Koncz & Gabor Stefanik), Italian (Daniele Conte) , Norwegian (Stig Auestad), Dutch (Kees Koenders), Polish (Karol Szastok), Portuguese (Francisco Ferreira), French (Fabrice Imperial & Bruno Lpaulard), Spanish (David Reche), Finnish (Heino Kernen), Swedish (Anders Olsson) Turkish (Emin Dede), Romanian (Peter Henning), Arabic (Sophia Hammoudeh from Maktoob / Eriksen), Chinese Simplified (Leon Yang from tom.com) , Chinese Traditional (Carlos Lee, Morden Chen from Pchome), Mayu Shimizu (Japanese), Anna Nystrom (Brasilian Portuguese)
* bugfix: SkypeOut call quality deteriorated in long calls over bad network
* bugfix: Fixed some corner cases where presence was shown incorrectly
* bugfix: Mood message was truncated incorrectly
* bugfix: Chinese symbols input to chat window problem with Wubi Input Methods
* bugfix: No confirmation on deleting Voicemail
* bugfix: Remove my mood message from 'my panel' title when opened
* bugfix: Video not updated when on hold
* bugfix: Pressing "cancel" did not restore previous settings for Voicemail in options
* bugfix: Calling invalid number with callto: did not show error dialog
* bugfix: Default action button in multichat for people you have not authorized should be 'add', not 'call'
* bugfix: Ampersand does not show correctly on tab header
* bugfix: Double click did not work on quickfiltered chats
* bugfix: After applying Quick Filter the previous group was changed
* bugfix: Could not select URL in chat
* bugfix: After adding new SkypeOut number Skype should focus on it
* bugfix: When only one contact in the contact list, it should always be expanded
* bugfix: Sort order in Contact List does not follow local collation order
* bugfix: User Interface language change not applied to error message
* bugfix: TypeDown search does not start at focused contact
* bugfix: Long filenames were not truncated in File Transfer window
* bugfix: API: If APPLICATION for app2app communication was created and closed without deleting it, next time it was impossible to create it again.
* bugfix: API: BTN_RELEASED deleted first character entered on Addressbar
* bugfix: API: OPEN SENDCONTACTS to multiple targets did not add recipients to form
* bugfix: API: Setting TIMEZONE bigger than 86400 was broken
* bugfix: API: ALTER VOICEMAIL actions were not returned uppercase
* bugfix: API: Sometimes on deleting voicemail notification VOICEMAIL xx STATUS DELETING was missing
* bugfix: API: SEARCH MESSAGES
* known issue: upgrading to 2.5 and downgrading from 2.5 might take time depending on call history length
* known issue: conference call participant names lost in call history after upgrade
* known issue: DTMF tones from dialpad do not work