Skype Beta 22.214.171.124 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Last updated:||August 30, 2006|
|File size:||12650 Kb|
Publisher description for Skype Beta 126.96.36.199
Skype is software for calling other people on their computers or phones. Download Skype and start calling for free all over the world.
The calls have excellent sound quality and are highly secure with end-to-end encryption. You don't even need to configure your firewall or router or any other networking gear.
Additionally it doesn't just work on Windows. Skype is also for Mac OS X, Linux and PDAs using Pocket PC, with a native look and feel for each platform. Talking, sending instant messages or even file transfers work between different platforms like a charm.
Skype calling - Skype has all the features of an ordinary phone so it's even easier to manage your calls.
Video calling - see who you are talking to at the same time as speaking to them.
Add Skype and SkypeOut contacts - Add contacts who use Skype and those who use ordinary phones so you can call more people.
Organising groups - group contacts under certain names and share them with your contacts so they can talk to them too.
Basic chat and emoticons - when it's not convenient to call, chat or Instant Message (IM) your contacts.
Group chat - for when it's easier to chat or Instant Message (IM) all your friends at once.
Profile settings - change how you appear to the world and let people know a bit about you.
Conference calling - talk to more than one friend at a time.
Import contacts - search your address book to find friends and family that already have a Skype name and start calling them for free.
View Outlook contacts - view and call your Microsoft Outlook contacts quickly and directly from your Skype contact list.
Quickfilter and Speed-Dial - find Skype contacts, recent chats and SkypeOut contacts quickly and easily, then enter their Skype name to call them back quickly.
- feature: New Sound Audio Library
- feature: Voice access API
- feature: IE and FF plug-ins integrated (phone number recognition on web pages)
- feature: Clickable links in mood messages
- feature: Avatars clickable in chat windows
- feature: Added "Clear all missed events" in events panel right click menu
- feature: API: USER property NROF_AUTHED_BUDDIES
- feature: API: CALL properties FORWARDED_BY and VAA_INPUT_STATUS
- change: Quickfilter searches from beginning of words only
- change: Avatar drag and drop ability
- change: API: If user has validated mobile phone number for Skype account, on sending SMS via API receiver Sees number as sender, instead of Skype name
- change: API: moved PONG reply to PING into library thread - now asynchronous
- bugfix: On some occasions clicking on test webcam gave an ' Access Violations' error
- bugfix: Manage blocked users dialog was broken
- bugfix: Multiple SMS count was not translatable
- bugfix: German character coding was incorrect in main uninstaller screen
- bugfix: Mood messages was not show when name too long
- bugfix: Long mood message and its tooltip did not fit to window
- bugfix: Quick Filter : closing button was out of position
- bugfix: 'Call' button was disabled when conf call chosen in call history
- bugfix: "Start Skype when computer starts" was always checked
- bugfix: Line break in mood message showed weird in chat
- bugfix: Skype crashed on deleting a SO contact
- bugfix: Not all Installer window headers translated
- bugfix: Shared Groups: receiving invitation while DND
- bugfix: Video start/stop buttons were hidden when call is on hold
- bugfix: Maximized window was not really maximized
- bugfix: Could not focus Skype window when not signed in
- bugfix: Call action button in conference calls did not work
- bugfix: Some files were not unlocked before Skype was closed
- bugfix: Country list was not sorted in search window
- bugfix: Shared Groups: when contact leaves group the text was overlapping with mood message
- bugfix: Mute text should be "unmute" when muted
- bugfix: Answering conference from conf calltab did not cancel tray notification
- bugfix: Call tab: video start/stop button disappeared when used during a held call
- bugfix: Conf call: participant on hold was shown only to host
- bugfix: Country select list did not disappear when clicking somewhere else
- bugfix: Localized country names in search window did not change, if you changed languages
- bugfix: Start Video via context menu did not change video button text
- bugfix: Ending video call did not show avatar again
- bugfix: There was no way to bookmark chats without a mouse
- bugfix: FT dialog was opened in DND mode
- bugfix: "011" area code disabled country selection
- bugfix: Chat message s might have got lost when other party uses embedded device
- bugfix: Mouse wheel scroll did not work when chat member list was hidden
- bugfix: Notification parameters did not support Unicode
- bugfix: Call tab info was wrong when Skype contact's PSTN number called
- bugfix: Import Contacts: some text in Russian was not displayed on last dialog in import contacts flow
- bugfix: PD: scroll arrows were not working
- bugfix: Cannot replace my avatar image with different image with file name that matches existing image
- bugfix: Adding a "-" to an existing SkypeOut contact deleted that contact
- bugfix: On some occasion "View Outlook Contacts" hid other contacts
- bugfix: Multiple SMS in history was shown as one
- Arabic (Maktoob.com Inc, Eriksen Translations Inc.), Bulgarian (Nikolina Filipova & Nikolay Filipov ), Chinese Simplified (Leon Yang from TOM Online Inc), Chinese Traditional (Carlos Lee from PChome Online), Czech (Petr Silon), Danish (Eriksen Translations Inc), German (Claudius Henrichs & Dick Schiferli), Estonian (Eve Loopere), Spanish (David Reche), Greek (Panagiotis Sidiropoulos http://www.magenta.gr ), French (Fabrice IMPERIAL & Bruno Lpaulard), Hebrew (Eriksen Translations Inc), Italian (Daniele Conte), Japanese (Mayu Shimizu), Korean (Susan Joo and Eriksen Translations Inc), Hungarian (Mark Bender & Laszlo Koncz & Gabor Stefanik) Norwegian (Stig Auestad), Dutch (Kees Koenders), Polish (Karol Szastok), Portuguese (Portugal) (Francisco Ferreira), Portuguese (Brasil) (Eriksen Translations Inc.), Finnish (Heino Kernen), Swedish (Anders Olsson), Turkish (Emin Dede), Russian (Oksana Morina), Romanian (Pter Henning and Mnika Iancu)
- known issue: API: GET/SET MUTE commands don't give a reply
- known issue: API: after joining calls to conference VIDEO_(SEND|RECEIVE)_STATUS RUNNING is falsely reported