Skype Beta 188.8.131.52 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Last updated:||December 11, 2009|
|File size:||22648 Kb|
Publisher description for Skype Beta 184.108.40.206
Skype is software for calling other people on their computers or phones. Download Skype and start calling for free all over the world.
The calls have excellent sound quality and are highly secure with end-to-end encryption. You don't even need to configure your firewall or router or any other networking gear.
Additionally it doesn't just work on Windows. Skype is also for Mac OS X, Linux and PDAs using Pocket PC, with a native look and feel for each platform. Talking, sending instant messages or even file transfers work between different platforms like a charm.
Skype calling - Skype has all the features of an ordinary phone so it's even easier to manage your calls.
Video calling - see who you are talking to at the same time as speaking to them.
Add Skype and SkypeOut contacts - Add contacts who use Skype and those who use ordinary phones so you can call more people.
Organising groups - group contacts under certain names and share them with your contacts so they can talk to them too.
Basic chat and emoticons - when it's not convenient to call, chat or Instant Message (IM) your contacts.
Group chat - for when it's easier to chat or Instant Message (IM) all your friends at once.
Profile settings - change how you appear to the world and let people know a bit about you.
Conference calling - talk to more than one friend at a time.
Import contacts - search your address book to find friends and family that already have a Skype name and start calling them for free.
View Outlook contacts - view and call your Microsoft Outlook contacts quickly and directly from your Skype contact list.
Quickfilter and Speed-Dial - find Skype contacts, recent chats and SkypeOut contacts quickly and easily, then enter their Skype name to call them back quickly.
* The Video resolution is now changing accordingly based on the available bandwidth allowing up to QQVGA/8fps with low bandwidth conditions.
* Video quality was not great after hosting a video call.
* The "Take video snapshot" button was always enabled on Win 2000
* Users with Intel 965 Express onboard graphics cards had artefacts on screen
* Skype crashed in video options or when on a video call for users with Sony Vaio notebooks with virtual Bluetooth video cameras
* If a camera was in use by another application no message was being displayed in the Video Settings at the appropriate time
* Screen sharing did not stop working when the sharing partner closed Skype during the session.
* Video froze for some users
* A still image was sometimes displayed
* It was possible to add the same contact several times to a group conversation
* The DTMF tones were not transmitted on Skype-to-Skype call transfer
* It used to be possible to leave people voicemails who had blocked your contact request in the past
* Auto-answer did not work for unauthorized contacts.
* A group call that included at least one participant on a mobile phone or landline could not be put on hold
* In compact mode the focus of the cursor was sometimes not in the Instant Messaging area after the conversation window was restored from the taskbar.
* Outlook contacts were saved together with Skype contacts when backing up the contact list.
* Improved incoming authorization requests handling.
* Added 'Answer', 'Ignore' and 'Hang up' functionalities to the Skype system tray icon.
* Added 'Try again' button for failed SMS.
* Skype froze in cases of high level disk activity or when hard drive was busy.
* Improved client robustness against Disk IO related errors
* Clearing History did not clear the File Transfers until the Skype client had been restart
* An error message was displayed when hovering over the Default/Compact view, Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons while the Skype windows were out of focus.
* Skype did not fully honour 'MemoryOnly' switch.
* When more than one identical USB device was connected only one was listed in the devices list.
* Improved online status reliability.
* Initiating file transfer using drag and drop to active the field did not work.
* Keyboard navigation was not fully working in installer window
* When reconnecting a device to the computer, Skype detected it as a new device
* Skype sometimes did not remember the preferred audio settings.
* Improved online status reliability for people on the same network
* Skype crashed for some people when opening the video options
* Users with a large amount of Skype history sometimes found that Skype took longer than normal to start.
* Wrong error message displayed on the avatar of group call participants
* The eBay Browser Highlighter has been removed from the Skype installer.