VLC Media Player 0.8.6d Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||December 1, 2007|
|File size:||9505 Kb|
Publisher description for VLC Media Player 0.8.6d
VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols without external codec or program.
It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC can play:
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 / DivX files from a hard disk, a CD-ROM drive, and so on
DVDs, VCDs, and Audio CDs
From satellite cards (DVB-S)
Several types of network streams: UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP, RTSP, MMS, etc.
From acquisition or encoding cards (on GNU/Linux and Windows only)
Changes between 0.8.6c and 0.8.6d:
* Mozilla plugin: supports a reasonable amount of MIME types on Windows
* Linux: Fixed S/PDIF passthrough with ALSA
* Automatic recovery on unexpected stream discontinuity (clock gap) occurrences in input
* Use field order (top/bottom) for correct bob/linear deinterlacing
* Fix invalid free in bookmarks loading code
Windows and Mac OS Binaries
* FLAC Security Update (CVE-2007-4619) to prevent multiple integer overflows
Active X plugin:
* Security update (VideoLAN-SA-0703)
Mac OS X Interface & Port:
* Apple Remote support on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard with enhanced functionality
* Improved Video Output compatibility for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
* Improved behavior of the Fullscreen Controller and mode changes between Fullscreen and Windowed Video Output
* Softened the white flash artifacts that may appear during the transition of two different movies
* Support for current Ogg file formats
NOTE: This release requires Mac OS X 10.4 or higher. Mac OS X 10.3.9 is not supported anymore.
* Improved H.264 encoding speed on Mac OS X
* The automatic updating facility was removed
* You now need to append --m3u-extvlcopt to your command line to enable
EXTVLCOPT options parsing in m3u playlists.