Windows Defender 1.1.1592 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows XP / 2003|
|Last updated:||October 24, 2006|
|File size:||5062 Kb|
Publisher description for Windows Defender 1.1.1592
Windows Defender is software that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software by detecting and removing known spyware from your computer. Windows Defender features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected, minimizes interruptions, and helps you stay productive.
The benefits of installing Windows Defender include:
Spyware detection and removal
Improved Internet browsing safety
Protection against the latest threats
Windows Defender is enhanced by SpyNet, a community that brings Windows Defender users together to identify and share information about spyware. This community reports potential threats identified by the Windows Defender real-time system agents to the SpyNet servers, which catalog and update the system to help protect you from new spyware threats.
- New option to display Windows Defender system tray icon even when there are no pending actions needed.
- Enhanced performance through a new scanning engine.
- Streamlined, simplified user interface and alerts.
- Improved control over programs on your computer with enhanced Software Explorer.
- Multiple language support with globalization and localization features.
- Protection features for all users, whether or not they have administrator rights on the computer.
- Support for assistive technology for individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities.
- Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- Automatic cleaning according to your settings during regularly scheduled scans.
Microsoft encourages all Windows Defender (Beta 2) users to download and install Windows Defender.
Note that the final release version of Defender no longer supports Windows 2000