Zoom Player Home FREE 8.10 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Last updated:||January 6, 2012|
|File size:||8266 Kb|
Publisher description for Zoom Player Home FREE 8.10
Zoom Player is a very fast media player. Prior to Zoom Player, playing media files on the PC was either overly simplistic for the Power User or overly cryptic to the common user. Zoom Player tries to both simplify the playback experience for the common user, while giving the Power Users all the tools and interfaces they may require to manipulate their playback environment to their exact specification.
To that end, Zoom Player employs a slick and simple user interface, combined with easy to access features while at the same time providing advanced control dialogs over every feature imaginable.
Zoom Player was designed from the ground up to load quick, take as little system resources as possible, provide user feedback/direction as appropriate and maintain as much isolation from other applications and system components as not to undermine overall stability.
Zoom Player Home remains Free for Non-Commercial use.
# New :
* The default Onyx skin has been enhanced:
- Contrast, Brightness and Saturation are now adjustable through the expandable toolbar.
- The expandable toolbar is now accessible through a button on the user interface instead of pressing F5 or F9 using the keyboard.
- The volume, balance, play rate and equalizer bars have been redesigned.
- Less framing around buttons.
* The F4-F9 skin modes used by the Default Onyx skin have changed, the new modes are:
- F4 : Default mode.
- F5 : Smaller user interface.
- F6 : Minimal user interface.
- F7 : No user interface.
- F8 : Show/Hide Top Bar.
- F9 : Show/Hide Bottom Bar.
* The Audio and Subtitle stream selection interface has been rewritten. The new 'Stream Selection' right-click sub-menu groups all streams into clearly labeled 'Audio' and 'Subtitle' groups.
* The back-end for the Audio track cycle function (Ctrl+"A") used to switch between multiple audio tracks has been rewritten. Audio tracks from internal and external sources are now switched seamlessly.
* The back-end for the Subtitle stream cycle function (Ctrl+"B") used to switch between multiple subtitle steams has been rewritten. Subtitle streams from embedded and external sources are now switched seamlessly.
* Zoom Player now has integrated LIRC support. LIRC transmits and receives remote control signals. This allows computer control using almost any remote control. Using the LIRC section of the options dialog, you can directly assign remote control buttons to Zoom Player Standard, Extended and Navigation functions.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface), that controls how to display the right-click "Stream Selection" sub-menu. With "Show all filters in Stream Selection sub-menu" enabled, all filters exposing a stream select interface are displayed in a sub-menu, cleaning up the dialog. With this setting disabled, only detected Subtitle, Audio and Video streams from known sources are listed.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar), that prevents the Control Bar and Timeline context menu from opening. Useful if you have kids and you don't want a control bar setting changed by accident.
* Two new "On Playlist Complete" modes (Adv. Options / Playback) :
- Random play a media file from the playing directory.
- Random play a file with the same extension from the playing directory.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video / Subtitles), that resets the Subtitle Renderer's filter subtitle synchronization value, ensuring that the default value is restored when opening a new media after manually adjusting subtitle synchronization. Enabled by default.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video / Subtitles), that forces automatic stream selection to work only with external subtitle files.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video / Subtitles), that specifies whether to enable the first embedded or external subtitle stream if no automatic stream selection match is found (or if the auto stream selection is disabled).
* New "/CONNECTTCP:[address or IP]:[port]" command line parameter. By default, The TCP/IP interface works as a server by waiting for 3rd party applications to connect to Zoom Player. With the "/CONNECTTCP" parameter, Zoom Player initiates the connection itself with a local or remote server right as it launches. A server must be listening on the specified address and port for a connection from Zoom Player. Example: "c:\program files\zplayer\zplayer.exe" /CONNECTTCP:127.0.0.1:4770
* New extended function "exSkinMode", which activates the F4-F9 skin modes.
* Five new functions "fnResetBright", "fnResetContrast", "fnResetGamma", "fnResetHue" and "fnResetSatur" that reset the Brightness, Contrast, Gamma Hue and Saturation to their default values.
* The skin script code has been extended with "StartAndGroup" and "EndAndGroup" blocks that allow skin script authors to limit sections of the script to specific combination of active groups.
* When connecting to the TCP/IP control interface, Zoom Player automatically issues a "3000" notification message if an error dialog was visible prior to establishing the TCP/IP connection.
* Zoom Player now notifies you of known buggy filters when running a new version of Zoom Player for the first time.
* New Smart Play profile for embedded Apple Lossless Audio (ALAC).
* New Comm API message #1090, used to get the current timeline text, including the current position and any other value specified in the options dialog under "Adv. Options / Interface / Control Bar / Timeline Area".
# Changes :
* The F4-F9 keys no longer modify skin groups, but rather activate Skin modes which are programmable directly from the skin script, providing greater flexibility and control to skin designers.
* When using the default onyx skin in F6 or F7 mode, a smaller control bar is now used.
* The Zoom Player Install Center now notifies to close any active media playback software.
# Fixes :
* Dynamic aspect ratio changes are now supported when using EVR as the video renderer.
* Running on Windows 7 with the windows shell set to an application other than "explorer.exe" would cause Zoom Player to crash.
* With "Aggressively Hide Mouse Cursor" (Adv. Options / Interface / Mouse / Settings) enabled, the mouse cursor no longer re-appears when opening a fullscreen navigation interface.
* The "/SKINDVD" command line parameter used to set the DVD skin actually set the audio mode skin by accident.
* The Video icon was being shown for Blu-Ray movie index files instead of the Blu-Ray icon.
* ID3v2 unicode tags are now supported automatically without specifying a country code.
* Fixed ID3v2 URL tags that are marked as Unicode but in actuality are ASCII.
* Auto-Save media chapters (".ZPCHP" files) was automatically creating chapter files when playing media files with embedded chapters (such as matroska ".MKV" files). Now, the chapter files are created only if you edit the chapters.
* The option to disable natural language sorting is fixed.
* Maintaining fast-play between playlist items is fixed.
* Fixed a few small cosmetic glitches.
* Pop-up OSD messages are now truncated to fit the video display area.
* Pressing F11 to reset color control values while the color control fullscreen navigation interface was visible, did not update the color control navigation interface.
* Selecting the Microsoft image source no longer notifies you that the filter is unregistered. Note that the microsoft image source filter is limited to 2000x2000 resolution, so it's not recommended for anything other than animated GIF files.