uTorrent 1.8 RC 5 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||July 22, 2008|
|File size:||261 Kb|
Publisher description for uTorrent 1.8 RC 5
Torrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in Torrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 184.108.40.206 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. Torrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
--- 2008-07-21: Version 1.8 RC5 (build 11549)
- Feature: add associate magnet URI button
- Change: handle magnet URIs
- Change: make association check on startup apply to all associations, not just .torrent
- Change: when a file is relocated, do not recheck if it is unlikely the file has changed. mirrors Stop and Start behaviour
- Change: warn and do not load skins of the wrong size
- Fix: logger options represent settings after peer log selection
- Fix: do not reset check_update_beta when upgrading from beta to stable
- Fix: rare http peer connection stall