uTorrent 1.8.3 Beta 14715 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||March 4, 2009|
|File size:||275 Kb|
Publisher description for uTorrent 1.8.3 Beta 14715
Torrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in Torrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 18.104.22.168 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. Torrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Change: Preserve file order text
- Fix: Prompt for .torrent association with new installs
- Change: Default bt.graceful_shutdown=true and diskio.no_zero=true
- Fix: Integrity check .dat files after saving. Do not overwrite file.dat.old with a bad file.dat
- Change: added code for handing bundles with the bundle type encoded in the bundle
- Change: modified the bundle code to unconditionally pop up dialog box
- Change: modified installer to remove the extra 32 bytes for the bundle type when installing from bundle
- Fix: no longer shows "make this your default .torrent handler" when running a bundle
- Change: added checkbox to the build torrent dialog so the user has the option not to rearrange the file order.
- Change: Modified the string for the "Start Seeding" checkbox to use 't' as the shortcut since 's' was being used by "Create and Save As..."
- Change: lengthen "About" dialog
- Feature: language selector and downloader before installer