uTorrent 1.8.3 Beta 14984 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||April 3, 2009|
|File size:||275 Kb|
Publisher description for uTorrent 1.8.3 Beta 14984
Torrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in Torrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 220.127.116.11 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. Torrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Fix: uTP would not ramp up its rate fast enough
- Change: .torrent association not a factor in displaying the installer
- Fix: remove file association registry keys on uninstall
- Fix: invalid encoding of non-ascii urls in web seeds
- Fix: uTP fix when receiving acks for old packets
- Fix: uTP variable packet size bug
- Change: link to EULA in installer
- Fix: don't wait indefinitely for trackers and UPnP when shutting down (two new advanced options)
- Change: Enable DEP Compatibility and Image Randomization
- Fix: default download folder was not used when using the WebUI