uTorrent 2.0.0 Beta 16394 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||September 6, 2009|
|File size:||299 Kb|
Publisher description for uTorrent 2.0.0 Beta 16394
Torrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in Torrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 188.8.131.52 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. Torrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Fix: bugs where have messages would not be remebered for magnet link downloads
- Fix: Buffer overrun vulnerability
- Change: Conservative network locking in installer
- Fix: rare crash in low level network read and write
- Fix: fixed crash in udp tracker connection with unresponsive DNS
- Fix: improved out-of-memory error handling in disk thread
- Fix: Installer crash after download
- Feature: Stop setup guide tests without exiting dialog
- Fix: Crash when peers disconnect from a magnet-link torrent right as we received the metadata
- Fix: Fixes bug where magnet links wouldn't work if PEX was disabled
- Feature: added ability to re-run setup tests
- Fix: Fix crash when using magnet links and a peer is failing at a particular point
- Fix: Fixed negative allocation in RequestChunks() for web seeds
- Change: Updated bandwidth presets in Setup guide
- Fix: Fix startup race condition between network and disk I/O thread
- Change: Optimization added to speed up torrent creation