uTorrent 2.0.1 Beta 18244 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||February 18, 2010|
|File size:||313 Kb|
Publisher description for uTorrent 2.0.1 Beta 18244
Torrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in Torrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 18.104.22.168 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. Torrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Fix: Make toolbar icons render nice on vista+
- Feature: Add option to not report problems
- Change: Make uTP packet size depend on global uTP rate instead of the rate of each individual connection
- Feature: add detailed network overhead breakdown graph
- Fix: UDP tracker peer list parsing
- Change: increase allowed max packet size (fixes issue with torrents with more than 131000 pieces)
- Change: increase the max number of AddTorrent windows from 5 to 20
- Fix: BEP 22 would sometimes not kick in for new torrents
- Feature: make initial uTP packet size configurable
- Fix: Close download bar with hotkey
- Feature: display overhead at status bar
- Change: Do not count local overhead if local peers are not limited
- Change: Count overhead for transfer caps
- Feature: added legend to graphs
- Feature: it's now possible to graph the tcp_rate_control rates
- Fix: potential buffer overrun with mismatched langpack
- Fix: enable apply button if changing scheduler
- Change: Do not stop torrents when automatically shutdown
- Fix: DHT would store duplicate peers for torrents
- Feature: Added support for suggest piece messages (part of FAST extensions)
- Fix: Potential bug when accessing the root directory of a URL
- Fix: 'Cookie' setting in WebUI add-torrent-by-url works again
- Fix: simultaneous uTP and TCP connection race condition