uTorrent 2.2.0 Beta 21090 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||August 11, 2010|
|File size:||373 Kb|
Publisher description for uTorrent 2.2.0 Beta 21090
Torrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in Torrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 18.104.22.168 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. Torrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Change: remove the "always show add dialog" and merge its functionality with the "show add dialog"
- Change: cache the bitmap used for double buffering by some utorrent panes
- Change: Playback feature disabled by default - new setting in preferences->playback
- Change: remove the overhead display from the status bar
- Fix: arrow-key navigation of multi-file torrent filelist.
- Fix: garbage hint text when hovering in sidebar
- Fix: select download pane if find pane or apps were selected and the preference for them is disabled or the category tree is hidden
- Feature: support multi-announce in LSD packets
- Fix: sidebar counts would not update in some cases