uTorrent 2.2.0 Beta 21882 Free download
|Op. System:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Last updated:||September 13, 2010|
|File size:||382 Kb|
Publisher description for uTorrent 2.2.0 Beta 21882
Torrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in Torrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 126.96.36.199 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. Torrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Fix: icon rendering issue
- Fix: remove toolbar creation flags which caused buttons to be off center
- Change: Re-ask user for additional permissions when app loads when not given enough permissions
- Fix: don't clear completed-on when rechecking
- Change: reload images dynamically on re-skin
- Fix: It's no longer possible to wake up the client when in boss-mode
- Fix: file !ut suffix on completed files when loading resume data
- Fix: Set Download Location... was crashing for single file torrents
- Feature: support skinning colors
- Feature: added option to show overhead in status bar
- Feature: Added prioritize files by sort order
- Feature: zipped skinnable elements in .btskin file.
- Fix: ignore hotkeys while boss-key hidden.
- Feature: password protected boss-key.
- Feature: show file dialog when loading magnet links
- Change: reorder the labels menu
- Feature: advanced option to run commands when any torrent completes download or changes state
- Feature: option in Bandwidth Settings to stop transfers when user interacts with windows.
- Feature: end to end path MTU calculation based on ICMP messages and missing packets
- Feature expose more granular file priority levels
- Feature: take bandwidth used by RSS and tracker into account for rate limiting
- Feature: Added privacy options to BitTorrent settings
- Fix: Make 'Set Download Location...' actually move the downloaded data
- Feature: uTP / UDP traffic over SOCKS5 proxy server.
- Change: select torrents pane if find pane is select and sidebar is hidden
- Change: select torrents if on startup apps or find is chosen and sidebar is hidden
- Fix: garbage hint text on hover in sidebar
- Feature: added option to have the progress bar color match the status icon
- Fix: reduce sidebar flickering during rss updates and torrent additions
- Fix: Shift-selecting user-defined labels would sometimes choose the wrong items
- Fix: WebUI security improvements
- Fix: Crashes after app install
- Fix: Changes to/between app download/install nodes
(17Type):English, Arabic, Armenian, Chinese, ChineseSimplified, ChineseTraditi...